Thursday, August 2, 2012

Diosti

This last spring, our whole staff was blessed to attend a John Piper conference here in Bucharest!  It was awesome and the times when John Piper spoke were packed full of wisdom, knowledge and great teaching!  I really enjoyed it!

On the last day of the conference, I was walking through the hall and out of the corner of my eye, I saw this guy that looked familiar to me and he was looking at me like I looked familiar.  I turned to him and we both said, "I think I know you!"  Well, this guy, his name is Ovidiu, he used to live in Diosti, which is where I spent my first three summers here in Romania.  He now lives in Craiova which is about 40 minutes from Diosti and a much larger city.  He's married, has been baptized and attends church regularly.  He was so thankful to us and to H2H for the years that we came to spend with the kids in Diosti.  He said that had we not been there he would not have come to know Christ!  Wow!  What a testimony to our GREAT God and to H2H!  We just never know the impact that we have on these kids but what a blessing when we hear things like this!  My prayer for Ovidiu is that he would stay strong in the Lord and that he and his young family would be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment