Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thanksgiving 09


This year, I was able to celebrate Thanksgiving three times!  Kind of crazy, I know!  The first Thanksgiving was celebrated in Romania with a guest list that included 60 people, 4 turkeys, 12 pies, and lots of fun!  The girls and the boys, current and graduates really got into the program this year and participated in skits, recorder duets and dances.

Jen, Krista and I made about 10 pies

This is Marius, one the boy's transition house graduates sharing what he is thankful for.


Current GTH girls, one staff, and our intern doing a dance

The final producation of the evening was a rendition of "The Ugly Turkey" played by GTH graduate girls and myself!  We had a fun time and even ended with the Chicken Dance!

Thanksgiving number two was spent at my sister's house with her family, her in-laws and my mom and dad on Thanksgiving Day.  I got to see my nephew for the first time in a year.  Thanksging number three was a brunch at my parent's house with my brother and his family, my sister and her family, mom, dad, aunt, and cousin.  I had a fun time spending the weekend together with them all and reacquainting after a year apart.

Here I am with my newphew, Micah, at Thanksgiving number three!


No comments:

Post a Comment