Monday, November 16, 2009

Another bite of the apple...

Yesterday, I went out to Peris to visit the kids.  I had not been out there in about 3 months due to the girl's house opening!  Needless to say, I was a little excited to see all of my kids!  I was greeted at the gate by Florin and Alin (who have gotten so big...they were in 2nd grade when I first started working at Peris and now their voices are changing!), Claudiu, and Gaj.  They all expressed their happiness to see me.  Then I went upstairs to the area where the girls stay.  I was given so many hugs but the best was Oana.  When she saw me, she hugged me and wouldn't leave my side.  We hung out for awhile and then they got their afternoon snack....an apple.  She wanted to give it to me, but I didn't want to take it.  So, she compromised with me...she took a bite, then I took a bite.  I tried my hardest to take small bites so that she would get more, but she caught on to my trick and started checking my mouth and watching the bites I would take.  We went back and forth like that until the apple was gone.  Oana has been like this ever since I've known her....very giving.  If she has something, she always wants to share it with you.  It's times like this that I pray and say, "God, protect me!"  And I take another bite of her apple.


No comments:

Post a Comment