Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Furlough

From mid January to mid February, I was home on furlough.  The other day, I was going through my pictures from when I was in the U.S. and I was reminded of the good times I had with my family and friends and how blessed I was by certain family, friends and a stranger.  

During the first week of my furlough, my family celebrated my parent's 50th wedding anniversary by going on a Caribbean cruise.  What a wonderful time we had spending time with each other and enjoying the warm weather and warm water!






After the cruise, I returned to the west coast and had some time visiting family and friends in Bakersfield, Fresno/Madera Ranchos and Hume.  It is always a wonderful time hanging out with my nieces and nephews.  I especially had a good time having a "photo shoot" with my niece, Kinley!  I celebrated my birthday and the kids had fun helping me blow out my candles.  My sister actually put the right number of candles on the cake!  I definitely needed help!  I also, met with a team that is coming with Kaylee this summer and answered their questions told them a little more about what they will be doing.




I said a bit earlier that I was blessed by a stranger...  I was having coffee with a friend.  Another friend walked in with a friend, a friend that I don't know.  We said, "Hi!" and then I went back to the conversation with my friend.  A few minutes later, my other friend's friend came over to me and handed me a check and said, "I just wanted to give you a love offering and to bless you!"  Wow!  What a great God we serve!  He meets my needs when I'm least expecting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment