Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Christmas 2013

I was at home with my family for Christmas this year!  What a blessed time it was!!!  It is always fun to watch Christmas through the eyes of kids and this year we had two 5-year olds, a 3-year old, a 2 1/2 year old and a newborn (she pretty much slept through everything)!  We started the weekend out with a tamale dinner!  Then we all watched the video clip of the family dancing in their Christmas PJs.  So, of course, everyone then received new Christmas PJs!!  


We read a few books, watched the Polar Express and then it was off to bed for the little ones!!  The next morning, the kids were of course awake early since they knew that we would be opening stockings and lots of other presents!  We opened the stockings and then finally had breakfast. We told the kids they had to wait for what was under the tree until all the grown ups had showered and gotten ready.  We finally got around to opening the rest of the presents around 1 PM.  What a let down it is for the little ones once all the presents are opened!!





Lunch was a beautiful crown roast put together by my dad and a fabulous table with all the fixings by my mom!!


I made this delicious peppermint cheesecake cake!  So good!!

Kinley is the only one that will sit nicely for a picture!!  :)  Next year, it will be a different story, I'm sure!



Jill's family with me!
Mom and Dad with me!
Jay's family with me!
One last picture….we usually have a reenactment of the Christmas story!  This year we did not, however, the kids played dress-up with the costumes!  Micah wasn't really into it this year, but it looks like a had a very serene Mary and two perfect little angels!!

No comments:

Post a Comment