Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Summer 2019

Summer was jam packed with lots of activities!  We had six different camps for the kids at Peris, Voluntari and Rosiori...plus two days with the special needs girls from Alexandria.  We held all of our camps in one location this year....a change from years in the past....at the Boy's Transition House.  We turned this facility into a camp where we could feed and house our kids!  Our theme this year was based off of Hume Lake Christian Camps theme KUJUA--a theme we translated and adapted for our needs.  KUJUA means "to know" in Swahili and that is basically what we taught them--to know Jesus based on the ever popular verse John 3:16.  They all learned it, as did I!  My brother, who works for Hume Lake, played the role of the Radiant King in the videos that we showed!  He was so good! We had about 15 of our transition graduates help us this summer as counselors.  They were dedicated and did an awesome job leading their groups! We also had around 10 super team members that helped us out throughout the six weeks of camp!




It was Emily's and my goal to catch a chicken this summer!! 




The "Radiant King"--my brother!
I, personally, for the first four weeks of camp, spent most of my time in the kitchen as the camp cook.  The last two weeks, I split my time as camp speaker and camp cook.  I dragged my feet....kicking and screaming about the speaking part of it.  When it came right down to it, I didn't really want to do it.  But on one of the last days of camp, the two girls below accepted Christ after my talk about the Gospel message!  Their decisions to follow Christ made the kicking and screaming all worth it!  I am thankful that the Lord used me to speak truth into these girls' lives and that because of my obedience I will meet with Denisa and Oana in Heaven one day!

Denisa and me
Oana and me

No comments:

Post a Comment